Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Council  >  Voting and Elections  >  Electoral Registration and Voting - Frequently Asked Questions

Electoral Registration and Voting - Frequently Asked Questions

Electoral Registration


Every local authority holds the electoral register for their own area. There is no online electoral register. To find out if you are already on the electoral register, please phone Wealden District Council on 01892 602417 or email elections@wealden.gov.uk

Not sure if you're eligible to register to vote in the UK? Further information available on the Your Vote Matters website (external link)

Every polling station in the Wealden District Council area has the following available:

  • A device to enable blind or partially sighted voters to vote unaided
  • At least one large-print version of the ballot paper displayed inside each station to assist partially sighted voters
  • Any voter with physical disabilities who is unable to vote without assistance or who is unable to read may be assisted by the Presiding Officer at the polling station.
  • Steps have been taken to make sure that all polling stations are wheelchair accessible.

Yes, you can vote in British General and European Parliamentary Elections if you are registered as an overseas elector.

Yes, you can register as a service voter if you are a member of the armed forces or the spouse or civil partner of someone in the armed forces.

If you do not have a fixed address, you can still have your say at elections. View more information on the Your Vote Matters website (external link)

A student who has a permanent home address and a term-time address can be lawfully registered at both addresses. If an elector is registered to vote in two different electoral areas, they are eligible to vote in local elections for the two different local councils. However, it is an offence to vote twice in any one election. Such an offence could result in a fine of up to £5,000.